Thursday 12 December 2013

The why behind the what.

I feel like everyone is in a huge season at the moment around me. 
I love it though. 
I love watching people grow into their calling and gain confidence in knowing they are meant to be there. 
I love watching God speak to people and reveal things in them they couldn't see before. 
I love watching God meet people's hearts where they are at. 
I love hearing about it, what he is doing in the people around me. 
We are in revival and it's the best thing ever. 

He has been preparing me for a while, slowly bringing me closer to people, teaching me that I need them. 
Slowly telling me the same thing over and over again. 
Remind me of what I am called to do and be. 
Gently pushing me to write from a place of Transperancy rather then it being based on what I think people want to read. 
Most importantly as he is opening me in order for me to write, he has been letting me know that we are gonna deal with some stuff. 
He knows me well enough to have been easing me into it, rather then just bring it up out of the blue and be faced with stubbornness and a lot of resisting. 

You would think I would be less taken back when it actually came about, I was not. And here is why... 

I had been rattling off a list in my head of things that I may have not properly dealt with, I'm fine with it now, everyone has them. 
Stuff they don't really talk about, and God is totally ok with it, nobody can deal with everything all at once. 
It takes time. 
So anyways I was thinking about what it might be, things I would maybe be ok to face right now, very very slowly of course.
I knew it was coming and I was prepared, well, I thought I was. 

Then one day I am thinking about a new tattoo, I'm kind of obsessed with them. 
One I had been thinking about for a while and where it would go and why it would go there etc..
I was texting a friend about it ever so casually.

All of a sudden God asks me something that caused me to completely freak out. 
I found myself face to face with something I did not even realize was a big issue for me.
Without thinking about the why behind the question, I blurted out to my friend why I wanted to get it and what I felt God was saying, which was dumb because she Loves God and happens to be annoyingly wise at times. 
We talked about it a little and I decided I should seek God about it even more. 

When I did I realized something that I probably already knew. 

God is so much more about the why, then the what. 
He is about the heart of your situation, and the why behind what you do. 
We see things with our eyes. 
We see attitudes in others that we don't like and that effect us. 
We see how people treat other poeple. We hear what people say and how they respond and we are judgers of actions. 
I know I am especially when it effects someone I love. 

But God looks right past that and see's motives and feelings and reasons we cannot see. 
And that's when we need to trust him the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment