Wednesday 25 December 2013

Not what I expected!

Lately what I have been hearing from people is how much I have changed and how much of a different person I am now, which has nothing to do with me and everything to do with what God did in this past year. 

I have had two responses to this.
1) As if you even know who I was before or who I am now? Getting all defensive when people imply that they know me so well!  (Hello! Brat) 
2) Yeah, I know I have changed heaps. It's kinda cool what God is doing! 

The actual truth is that God did something completely different with this year then I pictured he would. My life has not at all turned out as I expected. 

It's niether a good or a bad thing, it just did not happen how I thought it would. 

I started the year with a clear plan in my own head. 
It involved working a lot and being focused on that, not having time to spend with people or making friends because who has time for that these days. 
getting approved to do foster care and then having babies come through for a season to care for, basically being a Mum which is what I have wanted since forever! 
It involved moving out and setting up my house to plan for all this. 
It involved being organized, saving money and getting all my ducks in a neat little row. 

Now looking back some of these things happened and some did not. 

I did move out and I did work a lot.
I did set up my house but am not yet doing foster care. 
I ended up having time for Poeple and none of my ducks are in any sort of order or row. Ha! 

Point is: God doesn't do things how you want him to, when he says in the bible 
"I know that plans I have for you" 
He means just that, that He knows and it doesn't look at all how you think it does. 
Also then it says "plans to give you a hope and a future" He means just that also.. 

I tend to meltdown if things don't happen the way I think they will, (that may have happened a little) but I am learning that it's actually ok that my year has looked nothing like I thought it would. 

I guess what he had in mind was better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment