Wednesday 1 October 2014

Worship without words.


If we worshiped without song lyrics, what would be your song? 

I asked myself this question during worship, because often I used to just wait in those parts of the worship where we are invited to sing our own song to The Lord for the lyrics to come back up on the screen. 
I guess I never really had one. 

I Love song lyrics. 
I find myself reading them over and over, thinking about what they mean. 
Wondering what the person who wrote them was thinking or feeling at the time. 
I think they are incredibly important in worship and often it's how God will speak to me during a service. 
But lately I have found myself being captivated by the part in the service where the band is just playing and the team is just singing out of their own heart to God, where they are glorifying him in there own words. 

I feel like more then ever in these moments the presence of God can settle on us. 
It's in these moments that He can whisper his words. 
And it's often in these moments that I could burst with how much I Love God. 
I find myself watching and listening in these moments. 
I find my spirit being strengthened by the words that the worship leader is saying and by the praises they are speaking to our God. 
Lately though God has been urging me to not sit back and just watch and listen but to actually be with him in these moments. 
I am by nature an observer, I often just sit and watch things happen around me, so I am so content to sit back and just be there in his presence and while there is power in that. I'm beginning to see that I'm missing so much more then I ever realized.
I'm missing a chance to have my own moment. To worship without words, without set lyrics and to have my own moment in his presence. 
So far all that has come out of my mouth is "thank you" over and over again. 
It's a start. 
Because if he never did one more single thing for me what he has done should be and is enough for me to be so thankful. 

Sometimes God can be so much more present in the quiet then in the noise and sometimes that's where he speaks the clearest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment