Saturday 18 October 2014

Night seasons.

I will bless the LORD who has given me counsel; My heart also instructs me in the night seasons. (Psalms 16:7 NKJV)

Sometimes it's so dark and that's just the truth of it. 
We can't always put things in a less confronting way. 
Our world is dark and broken. 
Sometimes we are too. 
We can't always see God in the season we are in and people cannot always see God in us. 
We often act like we don't know him at all. 
Sometimes stuff happens that leave us so gutted that all we see is the darkness. 
And sometimes we just can't see him in it just yet. 

What's in your heart at that moment? 
"My heart instructs me in the night seasons" 
When I cannot see anything but Darkness, what is my heart telling me to do? 
I never completely realized the importance of what I am putting in my heart. 
What I am reading, what I am looking at and what conversations I am having. 
Because in the night seasons that's what I am going back to. 
And it works. 

When I find myself wandering and I don't know how to get back I remember the conversations that effected my heart, I remember the revelations I've had and I remember the moments God spoke so clearly to my heart. 
Then I know where to go next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment