Monday 13 October 2014

Warning: gross friendship appreciation post.

I have noticed that the people around me point me continually to Jesus. 
 
Those closest to me Love him amidst the trails they face. 
They seek him daily. 
Serve Him with faithfulness. 
They do what they love and they do it so well. 
They worship him with their entire heart. 
They teach their children how to love His house. 
They share revelations with me that blow my mind. 

They make me want to be so close to him. 
Even when I find myself looking towards anything else and thinking about everything else. 
When I cannot for even one second quiet the chaos that is my mind to hear his voice or feel his presence. 
When I cannot focus on his word.
When I screw up for the millionth time. 
When I find myself far away. 
They make me want to cling to him. 
I watch them Love him and have an intimacy with him that I struggle sometimes to have and it makes my heart ache for him and lean towards him even more. 
They are relentless and passionate and undeserving, but they don't stop loving him. 
They know Grace and they walk in it. 

So even when I feel like I am straying. 
When I feel not good enough, unsure of my faith. 
When I get annoyed at them for no viable reason or when I feel like I could maybe just do it on my own. 

I can see one thing and it points me to him all over again. 
I have one conversation and it's exactly what I needed to hear. 
And I just know I am blessed to be doing this with them. 

So if you happen to be one of them Thank you!! 
You make my life richer and my faith stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment