Tuesday 28 October 2014

The now season.

A friend sent me some verses the other day, we often have conversations that make my head feel like it may explode, she has an incredible mind and tends to underestimate the impact of her words on my scattered brain.
I don't take things in one by one, nor can I ever think in a straight line, so believe me when I say It was a challenge to write something based on the conversation we had. 

Here goes: 

 Friends, stay where you were called to be. God is there. Hold the high ground with him at your side. (1 Corinthians 7:24 MSG)

And don’t be wishing you were someplace else or with someone else. Where you are right now is God’s place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there. God, not your marital status, defines your life. Don’t think I’m being harder on you than on the others. I give this same counsel in all the churches. (1 Corinthians 7:17 MSG)

What if we thought more about what we are called to do right now, then what we are called to do later? 

Maybe you feel called to preach one day, but right now you are called to Love. 
Maybe you feel like you'll travel the world one day, or write a book, or get married and have a family that serves God together. 
But right now your on the hosting team or working full time to save. 
Because where you are right now actually matters. 
The season your in has a purpose beyond what you can see. 
The preparing seasons are often the biggest growth seasons. 

If I am being real they are my least favorite seasons. 
I understand why I am here and what I am called to and don't get me wrong I am so content with where I am. 
I feel so incredibly blessed to be doing what I am doing and I am blessed with who I am doing it with. 
I just don't like feeling like I'm not "doing" anything. 

There are things I want for my life that are not for this season right now. 
Things that I am called to do, but not right now. 
Things that I know will happen, but they are not for now. 
I often find myself so focused on them that I forget the season I am in is also important. 
I am so busy preparing for then that I forget to be in the season I am in now. 

One thing I am being reminded of is that I am called for the now. 
One thing I am learning is how to do the season I am in well. 
Because how I do this season will shape who I am in the next season. 



No comments:

Post a Comment