Monday 20 October 2014

The tourist in me.

If I said I was terrified to travel it may be a slight exaggeration, but at the time that's what it was like. 
The thought of being on a plane for a long time and not being able to get out scared me. 
The thought of lots of people scared me. 
Being so far away from home made nervous. 
Basically I'll go anywhere as long as I know I can leave whenever I want. 
In this case I knew I could not. 
But if I did not go it meant living small, in my small little world with just me and my  friends and everything familiar around me. 

I needed to be bigger. 
I have heard people say that when your afraid of something you should do it anyway. 
So I did it afraid. 

Considering that the few weeks before I left were among the worst I'd had anxiety wise, and considering I lost one my clients and my income was instantly halved I was honestly not sure how I would go. 
 
All I can say is I am so glad I did. 
Mostly so I can say I did it, the entire flight smoothly and calmly. 
The crowds, the lights and the many many people. 
My world is so much bigger then what it is. 
I take so much for granted and I don't want to live that way anymore. 

So this post is actually just to say that I am here, I am loving being a tourist and seeing everything. 
I'm grateful to catch up with forever friends and see how the church is advancing in this city. 

Not so scary after all. 
Some pics included to prove my point :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment