Thursday 30 April 2015

You'll find him in surrender.

You'll find him in surrender. 

I've had these words in my spirit for a month now. 
Almost constantly whispering and reminding me. 
No idea what they meant. 
I mean, I obviously know what they basically mean for my life and for yours. 
Of course that's where we find him. 
When we cast of own self aside that's where he comes the strongest. 

One of my favorite things to hear is someone tell me that they have to do something that they feel like they cannot do. 
My friend is a worship leader and when she tells me she has to lead a song that she feels is beyond her skill set I am a little pumped to be honest, because time after time when these are the times that God completely takes over. 
I am so sure that one of God's favorite things to hear is "I cannot to this without you" 
I kid you not it has been my prayer every single morning for the last few months. 
I don't just mean that I have spoken or written to word. 
I mean I have so desperately felt them as I spoke them, I have no idea how I would do this apart from him. 

My own ways and my own understanding does not work, believe me I have tried it. 
I like to have things and do things I certain way. 
I like certainty and I like things to be predictable. 
If we have planned something and you change it at the last minute or bail on it, that has potential to really shake me. 
I have to really really think about how it's actually not a big deal at all in order to move past it quickly. 
I am the same with God, If I have a "plan" in my head that I think will work and he wants me to lay that aside and trust him. 
I struggle with that. 
I struggle to surrender. 
Thing is every single time I have, that's where I have found him. 
He is not in my plans or in my will. 
I am in His. 
The word actually means to relinquish possession or control over.
When I place everything in his hands, every thought, every feeling and every actions that's where he is found. 
So it makes so much sense now. 
You'll find him in surrender. 
Without fail, every single time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment