Monday 20 April 2015

Living in the definite.

definite - known for certain

I love how definite the bible is. 
It never says God felt like saving us on that day or he might heal you. 
It's never based on feelings or circumstances or the weather. 

It is sure. 
It is certain. 
It is definite. 

I've been reading Psalm 91 lately often just reading a single word over and over again. It's filled with statements like: I will, He will,and He is, there is not a lot of room for argument there. 

In our day to day life not a lot is certain. 
Everything changes. 
At any second our life could completely be flipped on it's head. 
Our relationships change. 
Our job changes. 
Our health changes. 
Our moods. 
And without even thinking we are reliant on those things.
So when they do change we go to God and find He is still the same all along. 

Everything is subject to change. 
Except God. 

So when everything is changing and moving around me I want be reliant of the one who doesn't. 

Verses like: 
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. 
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” 
Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,

If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling,

For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;

“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. (Psalm 91:1-5, 9, 11, 14-15 NIV)

I don't want to live in the uncertainty of life. 
I want to base my life on verses like this. 
I want to Live in the definite. 
In the unchanging promises of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment