Thursday 7 May 2015

At his feet again.

 I’ve told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I’ve conquered the world.” (John 16:32-33 MSG)

You very quickly realize that everything is movable, everything around us is changing constantly, nothing actually lasts even though we bank on them lasting. 
It's so easy to be shaken, to feel like we will just trip and fall. 
When that happens we are going to reach out and grab the first thing that we can reach. 
We will not have time to think about what the best thing to grab is, we will not first consider what is strongest, what will last the longest or what will not hurt us if we hold onto it. 
If you were to trip in the street, you would instinctively reach for whatever is there, if that was a bin you get dirty. 
If it was a thorn bush you would get pricked. 
If that was a person, they might catch you but you might take them down with you. 

It seems to me that it's the same concept with our life. 
If you feel unstable, unsure, shaken or confused, your going to reach out to whatever is closest to you before you fall flat on your face. 
If what you grab onto is also unstable, you will still fall on your face. 
You can grab onto your own understanding and lean on what you think you know, it will only hold you for so long and the bible tells us not to lean on that. 
You can cling to your old ways, what used to work before, sometimes this is a default when we don't know what else to do, like when the disciples went back to fishing when Jesus left because that's what they knew before him. 
You can lean on others, might work if there faith is stronger then your own but it's not lasting. 

Thing is you will grab whatever is closest to you. 
Whatever you sow yourself into, whatever you depend on now is what you will grab when your at your end. 

Let's just make sure that's Jesus. 

I love singing the words "find me here at your feet again" 
It's been my declaration through this insanely unstable season. 
When I realized my calling is smack bang in the middle of everything changing all at once, almost never knowing what's going on and not having a whole lot of control of the outcome, everything that sends me into a downward spiral usually is now my life. 
When I have felt like everything around me is pulling me all at once. 
When I have felt at the end of my rope. 
When I'm actually just tired. 
I know regardless of all that where I will be found time and time again. 
I know regardless who is the unshakable one that I can grab at any moment. 
Who is holding me up. 
Who is closest to me and who is not going anywhere or changing and who knows exactly what's going on. 

That's that's where I will be, at his feet again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment