Wednesday 26 November 2014

Just some thoughts on trust.

It's so much harder to trust Jesus with the little things. 
It becomes a choice then, when you could do it in your own strength but hand it over to him anyway.
When you could do things your own way, but trust His way is better. 

When something happens that is so huge and overwhelming we are not left with any other choice then to trust God with it.
When it's too big for us we have to hand it over to the one who is bigger. 
It's not a choice then, it's just a matter of surviving the season. 
The choice to trust comes in the little things we trust Him with. 

Nothing is more frustrating to me or awakens more anxiety within me then being able to do something, but letting someone else do it anyways.

Lately my trust journey has gone from having to trust him to choosing to. 
I've found it was so much easier when I had no choice and nowhere else to go. 
Trust became my only option. 
But what about when it is not. 
Do we choose it anyway? 
It becomes more about putting him first? 
It becomes a choice. 

I can handle almost anything if I know I can practically do something through it. 
I have spent so much time in this season continuously asking God to tell me what I can do when all he saying is "Let me" 
So I choose to trust him. 
And I need to choose to over and over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment