Wednesday 26 November 2014

Isaiah

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. (Isaiah 43:2 NIV)

Note to self: it does not say you will not go through anything. 
It's not saying you will avoid all trails and tribulations. 

It's saying when you go through something tough, you won't go through it alone. 
God will be with you. 
It's saying when you have to do something that seems too hard, it will not overwhelm you. 
It's saying when something happens that could damage you, you'll come out of it unharmed.  

I am sure that when I accepted Jesus that my life changed, I am sure it is now a million times better and I am sure I would make that same choice a thousand times over given the chance. 
I am also sure that it did not get easier, in fact for a season it became a lot harder as I fought to undo my 15 years worth of living in this world without Him. 
I did not know any better and in my blissful ignorance I did as I pleased and was left to face the mess of my past. 
Often it's so much harder and Jesus never promised it would not be. 
It's harder to not take the easy way out. 
It's harder to see the bigger picture. 
It's harder to move past moments I want to stay in. 
It's hard to do the right thing.
It's hard to look past how I feel and do what I know he is asking of me. 
Even when it's the last thing I want to. 
Because I know better now. 
He never said I would not go through raging rivers or that things would not get hot. 
He simply said I will not drown and I won't be burnt. 
And it's worth every moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment