Sunday 12 January 2014

Out of our brokenness his fragrance flows.

I read this story often, I LOVE the relationship Jesus has with women and how he responds to them. 

 A woman in that town who lived a sinful life learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee’s house, so she came there with an alabaster jar of perfume. As she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them. (Luke 7:37, 38 NIV)

This woman Broke all she had and poured it out on Jesus! She wept on him and kissed him! She was so venerable in that moment but she did not care.. All she cared about was giving what she had to Jesus. 
She was not afraid to be broken in front of him, nor worried about what people would say. 
She was completely focused on him in that moment. 
Swept up in his presence and entirely immersed in his mercy. 

And his heart was captured by her. 

I wonder what she was thinking when she payed for the perfume? Was that her plan all along? 
Is that what she had in mind?
Had she battled with herself beforehand as to whether she was worthy, or whether it was enough? Whether he would accept her? Was she good enough to be in his presence? 
Was she afraid that he would turn her away? 
What was her story that deemed her to be a sinful woman? 
And where did she go when she left? 

We know none of these details, all we know is that she broke her perfume and poured out all she had on Jesus! 

All she had.... 

What's your alabaster jar? 

All I had was my story, unfinished and broken. 
And God had everything I needed. 

Once I gave him my everything, as broken as it was. That's when he changed my story and made it his, he finished it and made it whole. 

Out of my brokenness his fragrance flowed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment