Friday 24 January 2014

Welcome back.


I think sometimes we are programmed to feel disappointment stronger then we feel Love. 
It might be because of our past or insecurity but it seems harder the think about how proud someone might be of us, rather then think of what we have done to disappoint people. 
I had always struggled to feel like God Loved me, I always knew it in my head but I never felt his Love easily or that he was proud of me. 
The second I screwed up though, I felt his disappointment instantly, I felt like he was ashamed of me. 
Half the time I didn't care, if he was already ashamed then I didn't wanna come back and feel that. 
I would instead run further into whatever I had got myself into. 

This is exactly the opposite of what he wants us to do. 
Every time someone in bible came back to Jesus he did not scorn them, he accepted them. 
He never once said he was disappointed. 
He never said he was ashamed to have them back. 
He just welcomed them back with open arms. 
He healed them, he set them free. 
And his Love was exactly the same when they came back. 
His love was just as deep for them. 

The prodigal son is my all time favorite example of this. 

He asks for his inheritance and his father in his love for his son gives it to him. 
Then he does exactly what he wants with it, he lives selfishly without regard to how his father might feel.
The bible says that when he came to then end of himself he thinks about how his father servants have even more then him. 
He is ashamed and cannot possibly come back as a son, but maybe, just maybe he can earn his way back to his father by serving him. 
He prepares a speech about how he has sinned and is no longer worthy. 
But when he goes to say it, his father welcomes him with open arms and rejoices. 
Isn't this what we do with God? 
And yet every single time we come back, this is exactly how he greets us. 
We prepare a speech about how we have sinned and aren't worthy.

He welcomes us with open arms. 
He Loves us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment