Wednesday 18 March 2015

Thankful for the village


I always liked the saying "it takes a village to raise a child" 
I didn't quite fully understand what it meant. 
I have always played I part in that village, I didn't realize how important it was. 

Then I needed my own village. 
Every single thing about how I needed to live my life changed in a moment. 
I became instantly entrusted with two very young lives. 
Before this time I always thought I could live out this calling on my own. 
I never anticipated asking for help. 
I never anticipated that I would be so thankful for the part others are playing in the lives of these kids. 

Every single place I go they have been abundantly Loved on. 
They have been suddenly surrounded by people who bring to their lives far more then I ever could on my own. 
Mothers who let them explore their backyard and show them how to water plants. 
Mothers who pray over them and tell them how blessed they are and how they will grow up to be world changers. 
Friends who play with them and make them giggle like I have tried a million times to do.
Friends who sing them to sleep. 
Friends who tell them over and over how much they love them. 
Kids teams that make him feel like so much of a legend that it's the first place he runs to. 
An endless amount of girlfriends that want to cuddle her and kiss her face a million times. 
Men who let her pull their beard and take their hat and give him endless hi fives, fist pumps and chase him around until he is breathless from laughter. 
Kids who have accepted him as their own.  
Watching how they respond to the world they are now a part of makes every single hard moment beyond worth it. 

Every single person they meet pours out encouragement on them. 
They make people's faces light up without even knowing them. 
They are surrounded by a church who thinks they are the most awesome people on this earth. 
They are Loved by a God who is greater then their wildest dreams could ever imagine.  

It blesses me more because we have no idea where they have come from. 
All i know is they are thriving on this environment and a lot of it has nothing to do with me. 
Truth is there is only so much I can give them. 
I cannot Love them like those around me can, I can only Love them with as much as I have to pour out and it's not going to be enough. 
I'm learning that it's ok if I am not enough, that's not what God is asking of me. 
He is enough for them. 

So I am forever thankful for those that are Loving them like only they can. 
I am thankful that God chose them to walk this out with me. 
There is no way I could do this without any of them and there is no way I would be doing this without Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment