Monday 12 January 2015

Thank you Isaiah!

So I said: “Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The LORD of hosts.” Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth with it, and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; Your iniquity is taken away, And your sin purged.” (Isaiah 6:5-7 NKJV)

I Love Isaiah! He's one of my favorite prophets in the bible. 
I caught this verse and started reading up on him like crazy. 
He speaks of our saviour years before his arrival. 
He speaks of being cleansed. 
He speaks of being chosen. 
He speaks of being anointed by God and Jesus read verses out of his book in the temple.

But before all this there is this verse, a glimpse of his humility and humanity. Then a glimpse of Gods mercy and power and the moment the coal touches his lips he is cleansed of everything. 

Then in the very next verse God asks him who he should send, not a perfect person just someone who knew he was not worthy without Him. 
And he could have said no. 
He could have held onto his sin. 
He could have stayed in the state of unworthiness. 
But he didn't, he let the coal touch his lips. 
He said yes. 
He changed history forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment