Wednesday 31 December 2014

Welcome new things.

I had a pretty good year. 
I think about that on the first day every year and I always end up with the same conclusion. 
It was good! 
God has had my back this year. 
I'm blessed with a job, great friends, incredible church, somewhere to live and I'm about to step into a dream that I have been working towards for years. 
I went to America for the first time with three of the people I Love most and Got to spend time with one of my first leaders who I admire and love. I went to the beach. We got my Dad a puppy, I spent a lot of time with friends and built good relationships with them and completed foster care training. 

Thing is I could say it was crap if I wanted to, it would be equally as valid. 
Crap stuff happened, I had hard days, things did not go as I planned. 
I lost a job, fought with my friends sometimes, I got sick, at times I hurt and didn't get everything I wanted. 
Of course those points are valid. 
But does that determine the outcome of my year? 
Does that determine the attitude I am taking into this year? 

The point is God wants to do new things. 
He has more for us. 
He has answers to prayers. 
There is growth for us. 
There is challange. 
There is breakthrough. 

As there was last year, there will be new things this year. 

So I'm choosing to have a welcoming attitude to those. 
Trials will come. 
But Welcome the new things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment