Sunday 25 January 2015

The answer is trust.

There is no trusting God until... 
It's not like we just trust God until we have it sorted or feel like we can handle stuff or until we are past the rough patch.. 
It's an every single day thing.. 
It's in the hard and the easy.
It's in the happy and the sad. 
It's in the good and the bad. 

We live our lives with trusting God as the first answer for every question and situation, and it needs to be not because it's the only option but because it's the best option. 
It's so easy to explain what having faith means to someone who has an amount of it.
It's almost impossible to explain why that is your go to answer for everything to someone who does not understand how to do the same, or why someone would. 

Over the past few weeks that's what I needed to do. 
I had to have someone come and assess who I was as a person and I had to be completely honest. 
Her actual job was to pick apart my life and make a judgement call based on what I told her. 
I needed to have answers to things I had never thought about. 
I had to explain situations and circumstances and how I came to be who I am today. 
I had to answer for future me as to how I would react in certain situations. 
Truth is sometimes I don't know. 
Sometimes I have no idea how God worked in a moment but I just know that he did. 
I have no idea how he will provide for me in the future, I just know that he always has and always will. 
I do not know if when something happens that I do not expect or cannot handle that I will respond in the way that I think I will now. 
I just know it will be ok. 
I don't know how I will trust God in the future or what that will look like. 
I just know that it's what I will do, because it's what has worked.
Because he doesn't fail. 
Because he has a way better idea about things then I do. 
Because he knows what will happen. 
Because he wants the best for me. 
Because he works all things for the good. 
Because he has all the answers and that means I don't need to. 

So the answer is trust. 
My response will be to trust Him. 
I don't know what that will look like In The future but I know it's not the only option I have, but it's the best option I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment