Sunday 31 August 2014

Out of the storm.

Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm. He said: (Job 38:1 NIV)

I always looked at this verse as if God was throwing it in Job's face. 

Like this was the ultimate come back that God had for his trial and his storm. 

I honestly thought it was a bit harsh of God to throw all these questions at Job. 


I have not been able to get this single line out of my head though.. 

He answered him from the storm. 

In the middle of his confusion and his pain God spoke. 

Can you imagine how overwhelming that would have been? 

I wish that I could hear the tone in Gods voice as he spoke this. 


I cannot be sure, but I think the reason it happened like this is because in the middle of a storm you cannot hear a whisper. 

I spend so much of my time trying to shut up my thoughts so I can hear him clearly when the fact is he doesn't need me to do that.

He can speak in the quiet and in the loud. 

He can both whisper and shout.  

It's more like God is making a point of how much greater then the trial He is, he is telling us the regardless of how fierce the storm is he is so much bigger then it. 

God doesn't always change our circumstances before he speaks, he does not always quiet the storm to we can hear his whisper. 

He speaks out of the storm so we can focus more on his voice then what we are currently facing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment