Friday 7 February 2014

Forever.

Turns out that verse that has been in my head lately that I was having troubling writing about.. Well I wrote about it 8 months ago, funny how God reminds you of these things.. 

Let me know your thoughts on it. 

Why would you ever complain, O Jacob, or, whine, Israel, saying, "God has lost track of me. He doesn't care what happens to me"? Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening? God doesn't come and go. God lasts. He's Creator of all you can see or imagine. He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath. And he knows everything, inside and out. He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts. For even young people tire and drop out, young folk in their prime stumble and fall. But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind. (Isaiah 40:27 MSG) 

God doesn't come and go God lasts! 
This means he is stable and unchanging, he can be leant on because he will not move. 
He can always be looked to because he will always be there! 

I think in this day and age where nothing is certain and everything is changing people come into your life and then they leave, you have a job and then you don't. We need a rock and if we don't have one we will create one, the problem lies with this.. 
Unless it is God it will move! 
It will not last...
But God does not, he is always the same... 

It's like this statement was written for me. 
I need stability and some sort of safety in my relationship especially. 
I always have "safe" people or people in my inner room, the ones who I feel secure with and accepted regardless of my season. 
However sometimes this creates more instability then it's worth. 

It's takes me a long time to become close to a person, I don't trust easy and I don't open up often. 
Of the few people I am closest too 2 are my sisters and one I must have a soul tie to or something because I seem to trust her with more then some that I have known for years. 
So when I do end up letting someone close and it doesn't work out it can leave me shaken. 

That's whats so great about this verse for me is that it reminds me who to place my full trust in. 

Him! 

Because he never moves, or changes or leaves! And It will never get more stable then that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment