Sunday 17 November 2013

Breathe.


Your presence is now so empty, so cold and so thin.
Your Hatred is so strong,
I hold my breath afraid to breathe it in.
And when I can't and my lungs give way, I am forced to take a breath.
It enters like steam, thick and misty.
it suffocates, tightening around my chest.
I step into it with my light kept so very dim, it's still to bright so you get mad, I'm sorry I cannot keep it in.
I will no longer keep your secrets, I won't pretend, I will not hide.
I won't become like you, because I grew up and knew we lied.
The flaws and gaps begin to show, like a glass about to break.
You can only hold your breath for so long before you begin to faint.
Slowly they start seeping through the gaps that you have left.
there is only one persons arms that they will fall into.
By then how much would you have kept?
Whenever you fall short, thats when I miss him most,
like he filled what you did not because I let him take your place.
And just when all I want to do is close off,
I let resentment sit like a cloak that protects from your mistake.
I hear his stilling voice,
"but I told you to Love him"
He has not one ounce of Hate.
And I wonder why he spared me,
Why it's not my reality but it's still theirs and how in just A moment it can be once again mine..
I wonder why you are afraid of something that drives out all fear.
I wish you could see I am not turning my back on you.
But I am turning to where you are meant to be.
And why you won't just breath him in.

No comments:

Post a Comment